I first deepwater drilling platform, today officially opened in the South China Sea drilling
” img_descr Offshore Oil 981 “rig (People Pictures)
BEIJING, May 9, comprehensive reports, China’s first independent design, the construction of the sixth generation of deep-water semi-submersible drilling platform Offshore Oil 981 “will be held today in South China Sea, drilling. This is a Chinese oil companies carried out independently for the first time the deep-water oil and gas exploration and development, indicated that the deep-water strategy of China’s offshore oil industry has taken a substantial step.
China Sea oil “deep-water fleet” officially set sail
“Offshore Oil 981″ started construction on April 28, 2008, China’s first independently designed The construction of the sixth generation deepwater semi-submersible drilling platform, the maximum operating depth of 3000 m drilling depth of up to 10,000 m, platform weight of more than 30,000 t; from the bottom to the derrick top height of 137 meters, equivalent to 45 storeys high.
It is understood that the depth of China’s offshore oil industry exploration and development of offshore oilfields generally less than 300 meters, greater than 300 m water depth oil and gas exploration and development in its infancy. It is understood that the drilling distance of 320 kilometers southeast of Hong Kong in the South China Sea waters, the waters of the open drilling depth of 1500 m.
the international community generally deeper than 300 meters of the domain of oil and gas resources is defined as a deep-water oil and gas, known as ultra-deep water above 1500 m water depth. In the rich offshore oil and gas resources in deep water and ultra deep water resources account for 30-40% of all marine resources. In recent years, major exploration discovery in the world, 50% from the ocean, mainly in deep waters. Deep waters has become an important oil and gas exploration and development to succeed in the international region.
the South China Sea oil and gas resources is extremely rich in the South China Sea Basin as a whole group of petroleum geological resource of about 230 million to 300 million tons, natural gas, the total geological resource of about 16 trillion cubic meters, accounting for Chinese oil and gas total one-third of the resources, of which 70% reserves of 1.537 million square kilometers of deep-sea region.
It is reported that, in personnel and equipment on the platform “Offshore Oil 981″ There are nearly 200 people, but it has 66 different types of work, the platform up to more than 1500 sets of equipment.
“Offshore Oil 981″ drilling, marking China’s offshore oil industry, “Deep Strategy has taken a substantial step, but also marks China’s energy equipment and technology and ships industrial technology to a new level, Offshore Oil 981 is the flagship of the China Sea oil “deep-water fleet” officially set sail, and will open a new chapter in the development of China’s offshore oil industry.
record number of the world can withstand Super Typhoon
It is understood that the Offshore Oil “981″ is the first designed in accordance with the South China Sea, adverse sea conditions that can withstand 200 years of a typhoon. In addition, “981″ also created a number of the world:
– DP3 dynamic positioning the first 3000 m water depth 1500 m water depth a combination of the anchor positioning Positioning System, which is optimized energy-saving mode;
– the first breakthrough in the semi-submersible platform variable load 9000 tons, the highest in the world semi-submersible platform, greatly enhanced the operational capability of the distant sea;
– Domestic the first successful development of the world’s top ultra-high strength R5-level anchor chain, leading to the formulation of international norms. At the same time save a lot of cost for the project, provided the conditions for domestic suppliers to the world;
– a key component of the hull for the first time systematically install sensors to monitor the system for the semi-submersible platform sports performance, the key structural stress distribution, mooring tension range to establish a system of marine research platform, used in the development of the deep sea for China in the semi-submersible platform to provide a more valuable and more scientific basis for design;
– for the first time using the most advanced, intrinsically safe underwater blowout preventer system can automatically close the wellhead in case of emergency, can effectively prevent similar Gulf of Mexico accident.
I Offshore Oil 981 platform will serve as a deep-sea fishing flagship bound for the South China Sea