U.S. report: China’s space program by the People’s Liberation Army responsible for many
reports that Chinese People’s Liberation Army is responsible for a number of space projects
Chinese defense white paper in 2008 that the Second Artillery Corps: 1) adhere to China’s “no first use of nuclear weapons” policy, 2) implement a self-defensive nuclear strategy, 3 ) strictly enforce the orders of the CMC, 4) to ensure that the country against nuclear attack as the basic mission. 2008 Defense White Paper also states “In countries subject to nuclear attack, the Second Artillery missile nuclear weapons will be used, alone or in combination with other nuclear forces, armed services, the implementation of strong enemy counterattack, which means that in addition to the Chinese Navy, the task may be assigned to nuclear Chinese Air Force.’s Republic of China military writings indicate that China’s nuclear forces for other missions, including the prevention of nuclear resources in China to launch regular attacks or the consequences of mass destruction with the Tate’s regular attacks, to strengthen China’s power status, and other countries by restricting the use of China’s nuclear deterrent threat to increase the scope of China freedom of action.
take into account the various forces on the Chinese nuclear weapons mission, China’s “no first use of nuclear weapons” policy of the applicable conditions is unclear. Although the Chinese government has repeatedly claimed they would not change the “no first use of nuclear weapons” policy, and this policy has been supported by the PLA, the Chinese academic community and civil society still appears on the “no first use of nuclear weapons” policy is justified, whether the debate should be maintained while China’s strategic forces have been regular attacks, will China’s “no first use of nuclear weapons” policy of the abolition of these arguments that the strategic goal of China’s nuclear force is more ambiguous.
● space and counter-space . the ability of China’s space activities, including anti-satellite weapons program, in the Taiwan Strait and beyond the scope of the anti-intervention/area denial capabilities have a significant impact on many of China’s space program, including manned space station program and plans by the People’s Liberation Army is responsible for the Chinese space and counter-space capabilities that the development of enhanced national prestige, like nuclear weapons, to manifest the power of a big country.
● surveillance: China is deploying advanced imaging, surveillance and military purposes with the earth’s resources system, for example, 2,3,4 and 5, including remote sensing, marine-1B, 2 and CBERS-2B satellite, and ” environmental “disaster/environmental monitoring satellite system, China is planning to launch eight” environmental “satellite project, which has a visible, infrared, multi-spectral and synthetic aperture radar imaging capabilities in the next 10 years, Beijing will build a strong reconnaissance satellite system It may use commercial satellite imagery to supplement existing coverage.
● Navigation and Timing: that China is seeking a variety of independent satellite navigation possible measures the current China using the U.S. Global Positioning System (GPS), the Russian GLONASS navigation system (GLONASS) and made for Compass navigation system 1. Beidou 1 system consists of three satellites for military and civilian purposes. Beidou No. 2 system is expected to be No. 1, 2011 instead of Compass system put into operation, and between 2015 and 2020 to work for the Compass 2/compass navigation system to provide additional global.
● manned spaceflight plans and lunar exploration : Following the October 2007 Shenzhou VII’s 1st lunar probe – Chang-e One after the launch, in September 2008 to use Chinese Shenzhou VII successfully conducted the first spacewalk. China’s goal is to build a manned space station by 2020 and achieve unmanned lunar landing and safe return.’s manned space program is likely to be used PLA weapons development project. Shenzhou VII rocket and control system required capabilities may be used for ballistic missile development. Shenzhou VII is running successfully with its flying small satellites (BX-1) into the orbital module in the vicinity of the track. The purpose of this technology is to monitor the space and equipment failure can also be used to support the activities of counter space .
● Communication: China of commercial satellites, satellite and communications satellite consortium, including satellite television, Internet and telephone communications for regional and international With the development of related technology, China recently began exporting to Venezuela and Nigeria communications satellite and infrastructure to enter the international market. April 2008, China launched its first communications satellite relay – One Day chain.
● Small Satellite: Since 2000, China has launched a number of small satellites, including oceanography, and environmental research satellite images, China has also established a small satellite design and manufacturing facilities, and weighs less than 100 are being developed kg micro-satellite for remote sensing, radar images and satellite network, once news is interrupted, these developments can help achieve fast reconstruction of China’s satellite force or expand, but Beijing’s rapid response in the development of small space rocket appears to be stagnant before.
● anti-satellite weapon: 2007 In January, China successfully conducted the use of meteorological satellites in China tested missiles to lay to verify a direct attack in recent anti-satellite missile Earth orbit have the ability to attack satellites in a crisis or conflict broke out, directly attack the PLA anti-satellite system will be multi-space operations as part of plans to limit or prevent potential adversaries the use of space resources to attack.
China’s nuclear arsenal has been to Beijing to provide inherent anti-satellite capability. the late 1990s, China obtained from the Ukrainian ultra-high frequency (UHF) band satellite communications jammers with its domestic system, the Chinese have the ability to interfere with normal band satellite communications and global positioning system receiver. In addition to direct offensive anti-satellite weapons (see above), China is planning to develop anti-satellite weapons and other high technology and concepts, such as kinetic and directed-energy lasers, high power microwave and ion beam etc. China has to develop manned spacecraft and the lunar landing program on the grounds, a positive development of satellite tracking and recognition – one that is effective and strict implementation of anti-space war prerequisite.
● information warfare . some of China’s military thinkers have written a lot of articles on information warfare, such as November 2006, “Liberation Army Daily” Review Summary: “[the] agency in the information under the conditions of war than the enemy occupied advantage of the outstanding performance, our ability to use various means to obtain information and to ensure effective flow of information; if we can take full advantage of permeability, property rights and information sharing to connect, to achieve material, an organic combination of energy and information to form joint combat power; [And] our ability to implement effective means to weaken the enemy’s information superiority and lower the operational efficiency of enemy information equipment. “
Chinese People’s Liberation Army is investing in electronic countermeasures, electronic attack defense (such as: electronic and infrared decoys, angle reflectors and false target generators), and computer networks of military operations (CNO). China’s CNO concepts include computer network attack, computer network development (CNE), and computer network defense (CND). Chinese People’s Liberation Army has established information warfare units to study the use of network viruses to attack enemy computer systems, the development of strategic approach to protect friendly computer systems and the network in 2005, China People’s Liberation Army military activities began to include CNO.
strategic projection capability – modern beyond Taiwan
China’s continued investment in the development of military projects, wider range of countries aimed at improving the strategic projection capabilities of China’s military development of a trend now, is the changing military balance in East Asia, and to the PLA is far beyond the Taiwan Strait have the ability to carry out military operations in the Asia-Pacific region. Given the lack of in addition to Taiwan outside the direct threat from other countries, China’s current and future military power remain uncertain how to use, but these capabilities will enable Beijing in the use of diplomatic means, the increase of military coercion to promote the interests, or solve the problem of disputes.
Chinese People’s Liberation Army, some analysts believe that Taiwan, China to expand maritime “defensive” boundaries and improve the ability to affect the sea lines of communication have an important geopolitical value, for example: Chinese PLA Military Academy article “Strategy study “(2000) writes:” If separate Taiwan from China, not only our natural defense system loses its depth, opening the door to the external sphere of influence, and there will be a large area of ??territorial waters and rich marine resources fall into the wrong hands … China’s opening up and economic development in foreign trade and transport routes, will be separatists and the surveillance and threat of hostile forces, and China will forever be locked in the first island chain in the Western Pacific. “
If the regional turmoil, the strength and protection of investment in Central Asia and the communication line input requirements or for military intervention will provide opportunities for the ownership of the East China Sea dispute with Japan as well as some Southeast Asian claimants on the Spratly Islands and Paracel Islands in the South China Sea some or all of the island’s disputed ownership of the relationship between these areas re-strained the Korean Peninsula could lead to regional instability in the same crisis.
China and Japan crossed the border around the East China Sea, as well as some Southeast Asian countries around the disputed South China Sea could lead to tension in the region. instability on the Korean Peninsula may also lead to regional crises. Moreover, Chinese energy channels in order to ensure land security, but also need to focus on Central Asia regional security dynamics. while the Chinese to buy weapons analysis also shows that China is building its own military’s attention beyond the Taiwan issue, such as China in different locations equipped with conventional theater missile deployment of new missile force can be used in response to many non-Taiwan-related “sudden” event, and Airborne Warning and Control System (AEW & C) and the introduction of air refueling, air combat will allow the PLA to expand the scope of the South China Sea area and beyond.
advanced destroyers and submarines, reflect the rapid development of power in Beijing want to meet or exceed the second island chain to protect and promote the aspirations of its maritime interests. With the continued introduction of new equipment, better training and better technical and tactical close cooperation of joint operations, the PLA’s expeditionary force (three airborne divisions, two amphibious infantry divisions, two Marine brigades and special operations group of about 7) is to develop a step-term view, China’s C4ISR system improvements, including space-based and use-the-horizon sensors, and tracking the target lock will Beijing’s military activities deep into the western Pacific.
● India . cooperation through increased trade, high-level dialogue and to improve military relations, China has strengthened relations with neighboring India. and India reached an agreement in the total trade in 2007 to $ 11.4 billion to $ 40 billion in 2010; the two sides on controversial issues of multi-territory round of talks; through the annual defense dialogue, the Sino-Indian defense relations institutionalized in 2007, and since 2007 the two sides conducted air defense exercises three times, but the PLA has always been highly concerned about the long-running territorial border areas diagnosis, and India growing economic, political and military power brought about by the strategic impact in western China, People’s Liberation Army to use more advanced solid-fuel CSS-5 medium-range ballistic missiles can carry nuclear weapons instead of the old-style liquid fuel CSS-3 ballistic missile, and may be sent to the development of airborne troops combat missions in the region to implement emergency plans.
○ Russia . Although the long-term interests of Russia and China are not consistent, but Beijing will continue to Moscow as the closest international partners China and Russia on many international issues and bilateral cooperation in co-operation exists, especially in the joint management of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO). Despite the cooperation, but Russia still fear the development of China, People’s Liberation Army strategists have Russia as a potential long-term military threat in 2008 China refused to support Russia’s military activities in Georgia in addition to conventional weapons, missiles and strategic deterrence, the People’s Liberation Army in Lanzhou, Beijing and Shenyang military bases are on the ground for the Russian emergencies and air combat units.
● Central Asia . China’s interest in Central Asia focused on building regional influence, natural resources and energy, and combat support for separatists in Xinjiang, China. Beijing government and many Central Asian countries, the government reached an agreement, the construction of transport resources in western China to the necessary infrastructure, such as from Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan means extending the oil pipeline to China, Beijing and Shanghai Cooperation Organization Member States also had bilateral and multilateral exercises to strengthen China’s influence in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, and the establishment of regional forces against the East Turkistan separatists activities. Xinjiang People’s Liberation Army stationed in the security forces can respond to emergencies in Central Asia, and the use of Army Aviation in the emergency area rapid deployment of combat forces, the implementation of regional operations. (Du Changjun)
Previous 1 2
Related Topics: U.S. report on Chinese military power released in 2009