Russian Defense Ministry denies troop withdrawal from South Ossetia has started (Figure)
to enter the capital of South Ossetia Russian tanks
China Daily AP: After signing the ceasefire agreement, the Russian Defense Ministry on August 17 that Russia not withdraw troops from South Ossetia.
According to British media reports, the Russian Defense Ministry spokesman said: “The withdrawal has not yet started, and now we are considering withdrawal, but will depend on the stability of the local situation may be.”
Russia a The commander, said earlier in the day, Russia is withdrawal from South Ossetia. Russian Defense Ministry spokesman said this, it may just be in preparation, not the actual withdrawal.
Georgia and Russia recently signed a cease-fire agreement, Georgia demanded that Russia withdraw its troops from Georgia immediately returned. Georgia on August 8, a massive attack of South Ossetia, Russian troops then deployed to support South Ossetia, both sides have been bitter armed conflict. Mediation in France, Georgian and Russian President has signed a ceasefire agreement. Russia says some 1,600 Mingnanaose ladder, of which most are Russian citizens, died in Georgia under fire. (Wang Hui)