U.S. media listed 15 reasons for each U.S. global strategy to render the opponent
022 new Navy missile boats launched anti-ship missiles Wang Songqi photo
Global Times special correspondent Li Xue reports, CNN and in rendering the “China threat theory” has. November 4, in the U.S. Cable News Network (CNN) article entitled “China is also America’s strategic rival global partners,” the article causing the users of dissatisfaction, that someone broke the news, even though the article with the “open” the subject, but the content is rendered again, “China and the U.S. are each other’s global strategic rival,” this view.
the article published on November 4, on the CNN Web site, articles from the economic, international influence, and other aspects of Sino-US status of 10 to make a comparison. One posting said: “Although the article is to resolve Sino-US relations, but its contents to see how people are not comfortable.”
as friends said, referring to U.S. claims that when the article commented: “If China suddenly sold all U.S. assets, the value of the dollar in global foreign exchange trading fell sharply.” When talking about China’s military modernization, also said: “China’s military modernization is to achieve its objectives, while reducing the number of soldiers in the army, air and sea on the other hand the rapid expansion of missile capabilities in the Asia Pacific region in order to eliminate the U.S. military influence.”
friends commented that: “Although the title of the article is ‘open’, but the content is in deliberately to ‘China is the U.S. competitors’ lead on the point of view, this really had to make people think, CNN and in rendering the ‘China threat theory’!”
attached: CNN: China is the U.S. global strategic partners or competitors?
1. The balance of power: Many analysts believe that China today is comparable to the early 20th century the United States, the emerging power of this stock was almost control the world. Time is a declining British Empire VS emerging U.S., now is the decline of U.S. VS rising China.
2. Economic growth: China’s sustained economic growth rate is more than the United States in the third quarter, China’s economic growth rate of 8.9%, while the U.S. only 3.5%, China’s economic leverage is increasing.
3. The total economy: China is now the third highest in the world’s economy, but many analysts estimate that China’s GDP will soon surpass the world’s second largest economy, Japan, and possibly in 2025, surpassing the United States. By 2050, China’s economy may be 130% of the United States.
4.’s Total exports: China is now the world’s largest exporting country in the past 12 months, $ 250 billion trade surplus; the United States is the world’s largest importing countries, trade deficit up to 2008 $ 575 billion. It estimates that the U.S. trade deficit with every $ 8, there is a dollar is the world’s largest Wal-Mart China’s imports of goods manufacturing.
5. Claims: China is the world’s largest creditor, holding U.S. $ 2 trillion national debt, while the U.S. is the world’s largest debtor. Some analysts say that China has a huge influence on the U.S. economy. If China suddenly sold all U.S. assets, the value of the dollar in global foreign exchange trading fell sharply.
6. Raw materials: the explosive growth of the Chinese economy lead to a variety of the world demand for raw materials, China began in Venezuela, Sudan, Guinea and Myanmar and other countries to buy resources, including mobile phones and other electronic products required rare minerals.
7. Economic influence: China has rich mineral resources of some Western countries, but also has a huge economic impact. Iron ore exporting countries such as Australia, with rich oil shale and other raw materials in Canada.
8. Cheap products: cheap Chinese-made textile goods and almost all over the world, in Europe and North America’s traditional manufacturing industries causing serious damage, forcing these countries to implement trade protectionism and trade barriers. Cheap Chinese goods is also emerging in some countries affect the economy.
9. Economic Control: Some Western critics say China is strengthening its offensive in Western countries through the establishment of large-scale industrial espionage network, and hacking techniques to steal sensitive technology, the way Western companies to complete the goal of controlling the global economy .
10. Asian influence: in Southeast Asia and Northeast Asia, China has become the dominant political and economic power, some Westerners say it with World War II Japan’s “Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere,” the expulsion of American influence things like power, China is also strong support for the EU version of the “Asian Community.”
11. International influence: China has now become a key force in the world, to use its UN Security Council permanent members of the political influence and economic leverage, directly involved in the settlement of the DPRK and Iran in international disputes.
12. Border disputes: China’s self-confidence is growing, and increasingly rising use of force to resolve the traditional border disputes, including the Sino-Indian border dispute and Japan, Vietnam and the Philippines and other countries of the Pacific Islands dispute.
13.’s Military modernization: China’s military modernization is to achieve its objectives, while reducing the number of soldiers in the army, air and sea on the other hand the rapid expansion of missile capabilities in the Asia Pacific region in order to eliminate the U.S. military influence.
14. Overseas ports: China is Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and other countries the construction of port facilities, these moves seem to have in order to increase the Chinese navy in the western Pacific and Indian Ocean influence to pave the way to challenge the U.S. Navy power.
15. Polity: China is a one-party state.