Taliban attacks on NATO soldiers were killed and rewards to those who received ￡ 1,660 1
data for: the Taliban militants active in the snow
China Network Communications according to the British “Times” on May 23 reported that an Afghan Taliban commander, said the tower Taliban attack NATO Zhu’a for the member’s military to be rewarded for every killed a NATO soldier they can get about 1660 pounds (about 16,272 yuan) reward.
Khost province of Afghanistan, who declined to be named, said the Taliban commander, giving the Taliban militants killed NATO soldiers in cash awards, each killed a soldier can get about ￡ 1,660, money is very attractive for the Afghans. The commander said the reward money comes mainly from opium cultivation from the tax levy to the Lord, the Gulf countries channel donations through Dubai and the Pakistani Taliban officials to provide funding for money. Compared with 2009, the Taliban militants this year increased by about double the reward amount. So far this year, a total of 213 NATO soldiers in Afghanistan were killed, including 41 British soldiers, members of the Taliban for the award belongs to the total capital of 35 million pounds.
this Taliban commander now in control of about 60 militants. He said they are on foot patrol and transportation of materials to attack NATO troops, the use of a “hit and run” tactics. And then later bought by the informant, the media reports and local residents provided information to confirm whether NATO soldiers killed. The commander said: “We will not lie to the higher commander, they can check whether the relevant area clashed If we captured an armed and equipment, we can also get bonuses. Seized a gun can get $ 1,000 bonus.”
the commander said, they are mainly underground bank transfer through the traditional system to receive funds. Rewarded in the after Taliban militants usually eat and drink to celebrate. Another refers to the Taliban in Ghazni province, Afghanistan, military officers said: “This is great for our money, we care about is not whether to kill the foreigners, but their blood can make our home to the liberation, we kill the more their power will be weakened the more, of course, we will have to be a grand celebration. “
face of increasing Taliban attack, Afghan President Hamid Karzai has also called on again to force the Taliban to give up, adding to the government-sponsored peace process. Karzai said in a speech at a meeting: “I appeal again to the Taliban and other opposition forces to renounce violence and return to their homes, play a role in the reconstruction process of Afghanistan.” Karzai reiterated that peace talks would not be included with “base” and other terrorist organizations linked militants. He also said that Arab security forces capable of leading Arab territory in the future all the anti-terrorist operations, the new government will be in the next five-year term to eliminate corruption, create jobs and economic growth. Karzai formally proposed a settlement plan for the Taliban. But then the Taliban rejected the plan, insist on the withdrawal of foreign forces is a prerequisite for peace talks.
senior NATO officials in Afghanistan say that NATO’s elite Special Forces units in the past few weeks have increased the city of Kandahar in southern Afghanistan’s largest combat force, they arrest or elimination of a number of Taliban leaders to launch a major offensive in June, prior to weaken the Taliban. U.S. and coalition commander said the goal is to use special forces in Kandahar, the presence of U.S. troops reduced to a minimum, in the city of Kandahar, Afghan military and police operations will be implemented. (Tanhua)