South Korea to strengthen the border guard said after the exchange of fire no special trend toward
Data for: military vehicles in South Korea near the demilitarized zone patrolled
Global Network reporter Zhong Weidong October 30 South Korean Joint Chiefs of Staff said North Korea October 29 in the east to the forefront of the demilitarized zone (DMZ) within the South Korean military guard post in front of (GP) hit two shots, the South Korean military also immediately fought back.
Korean demilitarized zone at the border between the two countries exchanged fire
South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff official said: “The day (29) 17:26 so, use was initially speculated that the Korean army and 14.5 mm machine guns weapons to gun in Gangwon-iron horse-ri near the most southern guard post in front of the front two shots hit South Korean forces once used K-6 (12.7 mm) machine gun response fired three shots. “
the official said:” we infer the location of the attack front-line guard post for the bottom, there were no casualties. South Korean army during the shooting, while also broadcasting warnings of the DPRK, ‘As North Korea provoked attack, the ROK will exercise self-defense to fight back. ROK solemn warning, you have violated the “truce”‘. “front-line North Korean army guard post, and South Korean military guard post in front-line distance 1.3 km.
Korea toward the military on alert, said no “special moves”
South Korean YTN television reported that the fire located Guo-Hua Han River region, approximately from Seoul, Korea 90 km away. 29 South Korean military confirmed the two Koreas for demilitarized zone along the border exchange of fire, no injuries ROK, the DPRK is currently concerned about the trends and current situation.
South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff, said in response to North Korea’s further provocation, the South Korean military has strengthened the alert posture, and when deployed in the event of joint combat power can be immediately dispatched. South Korean troops finished playing radio warnings, did not catch the Korean army’s special moves.
Korea, “Central Daily” said, North Korea rejected South Korea’s 28 requirements for inter-Korean military talks with the recommended practice, which North Korea threatened earlier in the day “(you) will feel deeply rejected dialogue caused by the devastating effects of inter-Korean relations how serious. ” Some analysts said the exchange of fire and is likely related to the speech.
exchange of fire does not affect the reunion of separated families
South Korean Unification Ministry official inter-Korean border 29, exchanged fire on the event that is scheduled to start from 30 the reunion of separated families will be held as scheduled. According to the responsible person, the DPRK has received the post of South Korea to shoot the message, but the DPRK with the nature of the fire has not been clear. Currently more than 400 South Korean separated family members gathered in the Gangwon-do Sokcho. All the preparatory work carried out smoothly, as originally planned reunion activities.